Friday, May 20, 2011

Making a Mark

A Friday afternoon sketch.

I don't know whether it's my impatience or what, but I draw almost exclusively with pens when I'm not working digitally (more on this later). Last night, while refilling a reservoir brush pen, I found some cartridges for my long-neglected Pilot Parallel Calligraphy pen. So, I pulled it out of retirement and was reminded of how much fun it is to draw with. I decided on this cool electric blue cartridge, and the first bit of the drawing shows darker because of the remnants of the previous navy cartridge that was in there from months ago.


Maybe I'll make some more drawings with it soon, instead of letting it sit around unused for several months in a row... :)

13 comments:

Carrie Liao said...

Wow I love the color effect that leftover ink created! Lovely drawing :)

Unknown said...

Nice! Also digging the "ink contamination".

Brant Moon said...

Hey that's cool looking. Love the strokes and the edge bleed. Fun!

Unknown said...

I love this! I am so happy to see you have continued sketching over the years into a wonderful career my friend. Hope all is well. I will def be back...adding you to my reader. Your art is amazing.

Jeff Call said...

Very cool. And his gesture is fun

Emmanuel Briand said...

nice works !

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! Great, great gesture! A little throwing out of a leg can add so much!

Megan Nicole Dong said...

This is really beautiful!!

Matt Braly said...

Loved how you handled the bike.

JAKE WYATT said...

Great movement, great marks!

Anthony Zierhut said...

This is wonderful. I especially like how the color changes as you go - shows what you started with and eventually went to in time. It's almost like watching you draw.

And thanks for the nice comment on my blog. I've added you to my blogroll, if that's ok...

Madeline K. Rupard said...

A very nice gesture drawing. I like how you used the pen!

Unknown said...

I love all your works! From today, I follow your blog, see you soon!

The Illustrious and Illustrative Sketch Adventure Lifestyle of Anthony Holden. Cartoons, Sketches, Character Designs, Storyboards, Comics, Illustration, Animation, Silly thoughts, Intermittent Posting, and Arbitrary Capitalization by American animation artist, Anthony Holden. Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!
All content on this page copyright 2007-2011 Anthony L. Holden. Do not use without permission, except for purposes of review.